[mou] More Townsend's Warbler stuff

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick@hotmail.com
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:44:03 +0000

Here is some more info about the Linwood Lake Townsend's Warbler:

1)  In 5 hours of searching, only a few of us got a few brief glimpses of
the bird Saturday - it will take time to find.

2)  Per Cole Foster's original post, yes, it is quicker to come in from the
south.  We came in from the north which was a nice hike, tho.

3)  17 species of warblers were seen, which is a great fall total!  Jeff
Stephenson found a female BT Blue and I've heard of a couple male sightings,
too.  I heard that this is the best location to find BT Blues in migration,
which is nice to know for those years I can't get up to Tettegouche in the
breeding season.

Golden-winged
Tennessee
Nashville
N Parula
Chestnut-sided
Magnolia
BT Blue
BT Green
Blackburnian
Pine
Bay-breasted
Black and White
American Redstart
Ovenbird
Common Yellowthroat
Canada
Townsend's

4)  Study BT Green and especially Blackburnian Warbler to feel good about
the bird.  If you've got a black 'necklace' and yellow below that, you
probably have the bird.

Dedrick Benz
WinonaHere is some more info about the Linwood Lake Townsend's Warbler: