[mou] Red phalarope

Randy Frederickson fredericksonr@willmar.k12.mn.us
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:53:07 -0500

When I left Salt Lake at noon today 9/12, the phalarope was only about 50
yards from the road, in excellent light (same location as previously
mentioned), and had only moved about 15 yards in the 2+ hours I was there.
15 species of shorebirds seen on the lake including the other 2 phalarope
species.  About 38 red necked phalaropes on the south and southwest side of
the lake.  After looking at them I returned to the red phalarope to compare
notes. (No other phalaropes associating with the red while I was there).

Great find Peder and Phil; thanks for posting so quickly!

Randy Frederickson
Willmar