[mou] Hurrican Ivan possible effects

Roger Schroeder ignacio_magpie@rohair.com
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:08:26 -0500

While my prayers and concerns are with family in friends in Gulf States, I
am nonetheless curious if Minnesota might receive some unexpected bird
sightings as a result of Hurricane Ivan.

If this is a possibility, what species (and their characteristics) might MN
birders want to look for - and in what conditions? For example, should we
keep our eyes peeled for a wayward Magnificent Frigeatebird in flight, or
roosting? Northern Fulmar harassing gulls?

Anyone care to offer some previous examples, or a more realistic impression
of what could happen?

Roger Schroeder
Marshall