[mou] Sabine's Gull - Crow Wing Co.

JEBonkoski@aol.com JEBonkoski@aol.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:16:44 EDT

-------------------------------1095380204

At 12:30 this afternoon, I found a Sabine's Gull at the Serpent Lake sewage
ponds, with permission from the Operator, to bird inside the fences.  The
sewage ponds are located approx. 4 miles No. of Ironton on Crow Wing Co 30.
The bird was associating with some Bonaparte's Gulls, and I was able to
observe the bird for about 20 minutes. Since I had permission to be in the ponds, I
observed the birds from the middle berm as the bird flew back and forth.   I
saw the Sabine's Gull in the two south ponds, where it was sitting on the
water, and flying between the two ponds and also landed on the berm. The bird
appears to be a juvenile, as the back was a mottled brown, very similar to
Sibley's illustration on Page 228 of his "Guide to Birds"

-------------------------------1095380204

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1458" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>At 12:30 this afternoon, I found a Sabine's Gull at the Serpent Lake se=
wage ponds, with permission from the Operator, to bird inside the fences.&nb=
sp; The sewage ponds are&nbsp;located approx. 4 miles No. of Ironton on Crow=
 Wing Co 30.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The bird was associating with some Bonaparte's Gulls, and I was able to=
 observe the bird for about 20 minutes.&nbsp;Since I had permission to be in=
 the ponds, I observed the birds from the middle berm as the bird flew back=20=
and forth.&nbsp; &nbsp;I saw the Sabine's Gull in the two south ponds, where=
 it was sitting on the water, and flying between the two ponds and also land=
ed on the berm. The bird appears to be a juvenile, as the back was a mottled=
 brown, very similar to Sibley's illustration on Page 228 of his "Guide to B=
irds"</DIV></BODY></HTML>