[mou] Hurricane Ivan

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:36:02 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C49C35.2A48F280

I was interested if birders in the SE part of the US were turning up =
inland records of oceanic type gulls or terns and so far none. I did =
read about a guy who counted 1,400 Frigate birds flying down the coast =
in Louisiana. So maybe things need a little more time before some birds =
show up in unexpected places.

What I thought was interesting is that there are more sightings of =
Sabine Gulls in the Midwest as of yesterday and today. The states I read =
that had some Sabine Gulls sightings were Missouri and Michigan. This is =
the time of the year to find them. I wouldn't be surprise if more Sabine =
Gulls show up at these sewage ponds in central and western part of =
Minnesota.

Nothing today at Park Pt. except some terns flying over the lake and =
that's it. The lake and bay was very calm. We had westerly winds today. =
There was a good flight for Cherry-face Meadowhawks and White-face =
Meadowhawks. I netted several Canada Darners zipping by the beach. All I =
did was wait for them to come me. The numbers were impressive. OH I =
forgot I am talking about dragonflies. It was a good day overall.

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth
------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C49C35.2A48F280

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>I was interested if birders =
in the SE=20
part of the US were turning up inland records of oceanic type gulls or =
terns and=20
so far none. I did read about a guy who counted 1,400 Frigate birds =
flying down=20
the coast in Louisiana. So maybe things need a little more time before =
some=20
birds show up in unexpected places.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>What I thought was =
interesting is that=20
there are more sightings of Sabine Gulls in the Midwest as of yesterday =
and=20
today. The states I read that had some Sabine Gulls sightings were =
Missouri and=20
Michigan. This is the time of the year to find them. I wouldn't be =
surprise if=20
more Sabine Gulls show up at these sewage ponds in central and western =
part of=20
Minnesota.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Nothing today at Park Pt. =
except some=20
terns flying over the lake and that's it. The lake and bay was very =
calm. We had=20
westerly winds today. There was a good flight for Cherry-face =
Meadowhawks and=20
White-face Meadowhawks. I netted several Canada Darners zipping by the =
beach.=20
All I did was wait for them to come me. The numbers were impressive. OH =
I forgot=20
I am talking about dragonflies. It was a good day overall.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" =
size=3D4>Duluth</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C49C35.2A48F280--