[mou] Sabine's and Little Gull at Lake Winnibigoshish

BillyJoe Unzen BillyJoe.Unzen@st.bemidjistate.edu
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:57:22 +0000

Today Sept. 19 at 2pm I found a juvenile Sabine's Gull at Lake Winnibigoshi=
sh in Cass county. It was seen from a boat landing along the eastern edge=
 of the lake below Tamarack point.  It flew towards the northeast farther=
 up tamarack point until out of my view.

About 20 minutes after the Sabine's left I spotted a single adult Little Gu=
ll in basic plumage from the same location.  It was flying the entire tim=
e and did the same as the Sabine's Gull, heading northeast farther up the=
 point.

Shortly after I went farther up to Tamarack Point to another boat landing t=
o try to refind the gulls.  There were better numbers of Bonaparte's Gull=
s there but niether of the rarer gulls could be refound.

Bill Unzen
Bemidji State University