[mou] following bird migration by radar

Jim Williams two-jays@att.net
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 07:55:02 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kevin Kearns" <dkkearns@tds.net>
Date: April 8, 2005 10:59:52 PM CDT
To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@lawrence.edu>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Nexrad tonight

I lied, couldn't sleep.  Reflectivity is now over 20DBZ for the entire
state, with hits of close to 30.  The Mississippi valley is generally
above
30DBZ.  The entire Midwest covering Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota,
Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin are showing above 20DBZ for the entire
Range.  The Texas Gulf Coast is way above 30DBZ from south of
Brownsville
past Houston.  There is also a good sized wave that left Michigan at
9:15
and is approaching Door Peninsula - the entire peninsula from Sheboygan
Escanaba.

If you don't remember what these numbers mean, check John Idzikowski's
tutorial.
http://my.execpc.com/CE/5F/idzikoj/nexrad/nexweb/nexrad.htm

http://my.execpc.com/CE/5F/idzikoj/nexrad/nexweb/Slide12.JPG

Good Birding tomorrow,