[mou] Possible Whooping Crane

John Schladweiler john.schladweiler@dnr.state.mn.us
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:30:31 -0500

The attached message was forwarded to me by our office in Hutchinson.
It has not been confirmed.  Hopefully someone can visit the site and
confirm the siting.  The location is North of the town of Sunburg
approximately 4 miles on County Road 36, north side of the road.

John Schladweiler
DNR New Ulm
507-3259-6031

Randy Nass of Hutchinson reports sighting a Whooping Crane on April
18th at approx. 3 pm in Kandiyohi County.  The Whooping Crane was seen
north of County Road 36 in the SE1/4 of section 4 T122N R 36W.  The
location is between Little Jo and Oleander Wildlife Management Areas.