[mou] Dark morph Swainson's Hawk

SFbirdclub@aol.com SFbirdclub@aol.com
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:05:47 EDT

--part1_e4.67980e17.2f9712fb_boundary

I thought I'd head a few miles east to Rock County after the reports of
Swainson's Hawk from the weekend trip of MOU.

Other birds were good, but we saw 4 Swainson's Hawk. One was a full dark
morph adult. It was perched on a quartzite boulder 40 ft. from the road on the way
to the interpretive center. It stayed a while, then flew over us and rode the
winds over the ridge.

It was heart stopping. I assume they are as rare in MN as they are in SD.

Doug Chapman
Sioux Falls, SD

--part1_e4.67980e17.2f9712fb_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">I thought I'd head a few miles east to=20=
Rock County after the reports of Swainson's Hawk from the weekend trip of MO=
U.<BR>
<BR>
Other birds were good, but we saw 4 Swainson's Hawk. One was a full dark mor=
ph adult. It was perched on a quartzite boulder 40 ft. from the road on the=20=
way to the interpretive center. It stayed a while, then flew over us and rod=
e the winds over the ridge.<BR>
<BR>
It was heart stopping. I assume they are as rare in MN as they are in SD.<BR=

<BR>
Doug Chapman<BR>
Sioux Falls, SD</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANS=
SERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_e4.67980e17.2f9712fb_boundary--