[mou] Glossy Ibis & H. Godwit still present

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 02:25:38 EDT

--part1_87.26093ee1.2f98a162_boundary

As the sun set Wednesday, April 20, I watched the GLOSSY IBIS probing around
for a bedtime snack.   He was in the same field north of Cty 15 in Aitkin Cty.
  I observed the ibis from 7:55-8:10 p.m.   Earlier in the evening (about
6:50), as I pulled up behind some parked cars on 15 and started to get my
binoculars, I heard the early birders call out that it had just taken off.   I
watched it fly across the road and out of sight.   Two of the birders were the
Blaniches, who said the bird had been seen throughout the day.
While waiting/hoping for the ibis to return, I continued further west on 15.
 After it turns north and crosses a small bridge you can see a flooded field
on the left (there's also a road that goes to the left at that point.   I
stayed on 15 to go to the north end of that field.   I   saw a HUDSONIAN GODWIT
mixed in with lots of Greater Yellowlegs.   It obligingly flew, showing me the
black tail with the broad white stripe at the rump.
Both birds are chaseable!   Good luck,
Linda Sparling
Hennepin County

--part1_87.26093ee1.2f98a162_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">As the sun set Wednesday, April 20, I w=
atched the GLOSSY IBIS probing around for a bedtime snack.&nbsp;  He was in=20=
the same field north of Cty 15 in Aitkin Cty.&nbsp;  I observed the ibis fro=
m 7:55-8:10 p.m.&nbsp;  Earlier in the evening (about 6:50), as I pulled up=20=
behind some parked cars on 15 and started to get my binoculars, I heard the=20=
early birders call out that it had just taken off.&nbsp;  I watched it fly a=
cross the road and out of sight.&nbsp;  Two of the birders were the Blaniche=
s, who said the bird had been seen throughout the day.<BR>
While waiting/hoping for the ibis to return, I continued further west on 15.=
&nbsp;  After it turns north and crosses a small bridge you can see a floode=
d field on the left (there's also a road that goes to the left at that point=
.&nbsp;  I stayed on 15 to go to the north end of that field.&nbsp;  I&nbsp;=
  saw a HUDSONIAN GODWIT mixed in with lots of Greater Yellowlegs.&nbsp;  It=
 obligingly flew, showing me the black tail with the broad white stripe at t=
he rump.<BR>
Both birds are chaseable!&nbsp;  Good luck,<BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin County</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANS=
SERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_87.26093ee1.2f98a162_boundary--