[mou] SW Minnesota birds 4/19-4/21

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:11:13 +0000

As I was lollygagging around SW Minnesota, cellphoneless, and happily
ignorant (at the time) of the Glossy Ibis in Aitkin County, I found some fun
stuff:

Tues:

Hills Sewage Ponds:

White-faced Ibis - 1
Great-tailed Grackle - several
Cattle Egret - 1
Willet - 4
Marbled Godwit - 1
Wilson's Phalarope - 4

Wednesday:

NW corner of Lake Benton, Lincoln County:

Cackling Goose - 1
Ross's Goose - 1
Snow Goose - 5
American Avocet - 1

The cackler and the Ross's seemed to bond, being 'runts' of their respective
litters.

Thursday:

Clinton Prairie:

Several Prairie Chickens booming - I have never heard of Prairie Chickens
here, and am curious if they are part of the reintroduction project.

Milan roadside rest along Hwy 7:

Eurasian Collared-Dove - 2 - Observed flying near grain elevators, then
landing in deciduous tree 50 yds S. of roadside rest.

~Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN