[mou] Stilt-NOT

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:40:56 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C549F0.3A38B220

We were unable to find the Black-necked Stilt on Monday.  The winds out =
in western Minnesota were extremely high and if the bird had not =
migrated the night before then it was deep in the rushs.

Other shorebirds in the area included two avocets (Cty 61, approx 1 mile =
north of Cty 4), one willet (Cty 61, approx 7/8's mile south of Cty Rd =
4), Least, Bairds, and Pectoral Sandpipers, and both yellowlegs in =
various areas.

A probable Clark's Grebe was on Thielke Lake.  High winds and distance =
made viewing difficult but we were clearly able to observe the brighter =
orange/yellow bill, the thinner stripe on the back of the neck, and what =
appeared to be whiter flanks.  The eye position was tough to tell =
because of the bobbing in the wind even though the birds were on the lee =
side of a grass island.  There were about 30 westerns with the clark's =
so there was plenty of comparisons available as they swam around each =
other.  The clark's was seen to "dance" with a western.

Two juvenile Great Horned Owls were close to 3/4ths grown in a nest in =
Robertson Park, Jackson County on Sunday.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C549F0.3A38B220

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We were unable to find the Black-necked Stilt on =
Monday.&nbsp;=20
The winds out in western Minnesota were extremely high and if the bird =
had not=20
migrated the night before then it was deep in the rushs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Other shorebirds in the area included two avocets =
(Cty 61,=20
approx 1 mile north of Cty 4), one willet (Cty 61, approx 7/8's mile =
south of=20
Cty Rd 4), Least, Bairds, and Pectoral Sandpipers, and both yellowlegs =
in=20
various areas.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>A probable Clark's Grebe was on Thielke Lake.&nbsp; =
High winds=20
and distance&nbsp;made viewing difficult but we were clearly able to =
observe the=20
brighter orange/yellow bill, the thinner stripe on the back of the neck, =
and=20
what appeared to be whiter flanks.&nbsp; The eye position was tough to =
tell=20
because of the bobbing in the wind even though the birds were on the lee =
side of=20
a grass island.&nbsp; There were about 30 westerns with the clark's so =
there was=20
plenty of comparisons available as they swam around each other.&nbsp; =
The=20
clark's was seen to "dance" with a western.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Two juvenile Great Horned Owls&nbsp;were close to =
3/4ths grown=20
in a nest&nbsp;in Robertson Park, Jackson County on Sunday.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dennis and Barbara Martin<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:dbmartin@skypoint.com">dbmartin@skypoint.com</A></DIV></BO=