[mou] MRVAC meeting on Thursday

Steve Weston Steve Weston" <sweston2@comcast.net
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:10:44 -0500

Please join us this Thursday (April 28, 2005) for the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter (MRVAC) meeting at the
Minnesota Valley Nat’l Wildlife Refuge Visitor’s Center 3815 American Blvd East(80th Steet), Bloomington.  Take the 34th
Avenue exit from I-494 and follow the signs.

Keith Olstead will host a panel of leaders from UCA Milafor, an agricultural cooperative/natural preserve in northern
Nicaragua.
Join us as they explain how a small group of farmers organized a world-renowned nature reserve, attracting a steady stream
of eco-tourists.  They continue to develop agricultural practices that are economically sound yet harmonious with the
natural ecology, while striving to preserve the beauty of their land as well as the integrity and richness of its habitats.

UCA Milafor vision might be one of the most important models available for conserving the tropical rain forests and other
endangered habitats of Latin American.

The public is welcome.  We encourage you to come for the social period with coffee, cookies, ice breakers and committee
exhibits beginning at 7:00 p.m., followed by a brief business meeting and the featured speakers at 7:30

Steve Weston
Program Chair for MRVAC
sweston2@comcast.net