[mou] Fwd: [wisb] Spring Migration

Jim Williams two-jays@att.net
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:59:28 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "John Idzikowski" <idzikoj@uwm.edu>
Date: April 26, 2005 9:54:54 PM CDT
To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@lawrence.edu>
Subject: [wisb] Spring Migration

This cold weather pattern we are now stuck in (until next mid-week) is
shutting down most migration north of Missouri with only 1 fair night
in the
last week. This is due to a huge Low that is stalled to our north
causing a
very fall-like pattern with a strong NNW flow. But at the same time
there
have been huge movements over Brownsville and Corpus Christi with
tonight
being the first night of 30-35 dbz migration (about as heavy as it
gets).
Huge swarms of slightly less intensity left the Everglades and Cuba
tonight
as well. When we regain a southerly flow I'll bet that we will get an
impressive early May wave this year that may still have a lot of April
migrants including the bulk of the White-throats and White-crowns as
well as
early warblers.

John Idzikowski, Milwaukee