[mou] Little Blue Heron, Sherburne Refuge

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:17:56 -0500

Nathan & I were not successful re-finding the Little Blue Heron this morning
along Sherburne Wildlife's Auto Tour.

However, did speak with the refuge staffer who saw it yesterday - she had
great looks at 25 feet (far different than my 600 yards) in the dead trees
in front of Bergeson Pool around 2:00 PM.

She also reported that there were two Least Bitterns in Nelson Pool at the
same time (sigh).

Nathan & I did have a Henslow's Sparrow (across from the parking lot), two
American Bitterns (Highway 5, pool half mile south of CR 3), 14 Trumpeter
Swans (two sets of seven in Nelson & Bergerson Pools) and eight pelicans.

We will continue to look for the Little Blue.  There is also a note from one
of the volunteer interpreters on the tour board that a Black-crowned Night
Heron was seen Monday.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN