[mou] 3 things...

TeamVagrant@aol.com TeamVagrant@aol.com
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:20:14 EDT

-------------------------------1124158814

1.  Ok, imagine a balloon, not tied off and you let the air escape by
pinching the opening with both thumb and forefingers, stretching it  to make the
annoying squeak.  Now imagine the squeak with a tempo of  "ta-daah".  Now let's
say this sound starts at dusk and lasts all night  long, and continues even
while a goofy Finlander is stumbling through the  woods with a flashlight, trying
to spy the culprits.  There were at least  two, and they let me - I mean that
goofy Finlander-to get within a few  yards of them but was never able to spy
one.  They flew from tree to tree.  Once I was close, the "ta-daah" changed to
an ascending "skwik".  I imagine  they are young somethings but never got a
look.  Any ideas?

2.  Walking down for the paper yesterday, I was very impressed with  the
birds.
Bay-breasted, Nashvilles, Mourning, Yellow, C.yellowthroat, Ovenbirds,
Black-throated green, Blackburnian, Tennessee, Chestnut-sided Warblers, Orioles,
RB grosbeaks, Solitary SP. Chipping, Clay-colored, Song and White-throated
sparrows, Gold finches, Purple Finches, House Finches, Pine-siskens and hummers
by the bushel, as well as the other usuals.  I don't recall seeing a
Bay-breasted this early or late.

3.  I may have a chance next Tuesday afternoon to do some walking  around by
Onamia.  I'm staying north of town.  Any thoughts for  where I could go for a
late afternoon walk?

4.  No, really, there were just 3 things.

Chris  Elmgren
Gnesen TWP
Duluth

-------------------------------1124158814

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>1.&nbsp; Ok, imagine a balloon, not tied off and you let the air escape=
 by=20
pinching the opening with both thumb and forefingers, stretching&nbsp;it=20
to&nbsp;make the annoying squeak.&nbsp; Now imagine the squeak with a tempo=20=
of=20
"ta-daah".&nbsp; Now let's say this sound starts at dusk and lasts all night=
=20
long, and continues even while a goofy Finlander is&nbsp;stumbling through t=
he=20
woods with a flashlight, trying to spy the culprits.&nbsp; There were at lea=
st=20
two, and&nbsp;they&nbsp;let me - I mean that goofy Finlander-to get within a=
 few=20
yards of them but was never able to spy one.&nbsp; They flew from tree to tr=
ee.=20
Once I was close, the "ta-daah" changed to an ascending "skwik".&nbsp; I ima=
gine=20
they are young somethings but never got a look.&nbsp; Any ideas?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2.&nbsp; Walking down for the paper yesterday, I was very impressed wit=
h=20
the birds.</DIV>
<DIV>Bay-breasted, Nashvilles, Mourning, Yellow, C.yellowthroat, Ovenbirds,=20
Black-throated green, Blackburnian, Tennessee, Chestnut-sided Warblers, Orio=
les,=20
RB grosbeaks, Solitary SP. Chipping, Clay-colored, Song and White-throated=20
sparrows, Gold finches, Purple Finches, House Finches, Pine-siskens and humm=
ers=20
by the bushel, as well as the other usuals.&nbsp; I don't recall seeing a=20
Bay-breasted this early or late.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>3.&nbsp; I may have a chance next Tuesday afternoon to do some walking=20
around by Onamia.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm staying north of town.&nbsp; Any thoughts f=
or=20
where I could go for a late afternoon walk?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>4.&nbsp; No, really, there were just 3 things.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=
>Chris=20
Elmgren<BR>Gnesen TWP<BR>Duluth</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>