[mou] State Fair

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:13:39 -0500

As usual the state fair was great fun today.  Some information for the good
volunteers who will be there in the coming days.

The MOU boards on the back wall can be left there when we go home in the
evening.  When you face the diorama inside the building there is a small
door on the right that goes behind the display.  As soon as you enter this
area our extra materials are on the floor to the left.

There you will find the following.

1.  Two boxes of Minnesota Birding newsletters.  These have to last all 12
days so give them out somewhat sparingly (i.e. one to a family, etc) but
don't be afraid to use them as we don't want any left.

2. Mississippi River birding maps.  I believe that we have some six or seven
different maps.  Some are partial duplications of areas as they are from
different printings.  There is a box of each of them so also don't be afraid
to give them out but try and control too many copies to the same family.
There are many areas that we don't have the maps for as these are what are
left from past years.  Not sure if other areas can still be obtained from
Audubon or not.

3.  Misc. other items like the regular species checklists, most common bird
checklists, cats brochure, MOU fair 4 page information sheet, etc are in
various boxes here.  There seems to be plenty of these for the time being.

4.  We have no posters to give out this year.  We could use many of the MOU
membership brochures if anybody who is going there can get some.  We have no
coloring contest sheets at this time but I believe they will be delivered on
Friday afternoon.  We didn't know what to tell people who asked about the
winners from last year, as we have never heard or seen anything.

Bob still has some openings.  We note that there are many very active MOU
members and active birders who post on this listserve who are not on the
volunteer list.  This opportunity is the MOUs best opportunity to reach
potential new members so get it in gear and call Bob.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com