[mou] "27" HUDSONIAN GODWITS, Hennepin County

Conny Brunell connybrunell@earthlink.net
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:17:12 -0500

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

This morning from 10:30-11:00 am I was awestruck by the spectacular sight of 27 Hudsonian Godwits out on the west side of the Purgatory Creek Wetland in Eden Prairie, Hennepin County.  I was scanning the island mudflats, and saw 2 Black-bellied Plovers.  Further west I came upon the Hudsonian's all milling around in the water probing and preening with those long bills very tightly together.  Now that was a jolt to the sences, and I spent the next 30 minutes observing them to see that they all had black underwing coverts and axillaries, and the tail was black and white.  There were many other shorebirds in the area but I could not take my eyes off all those amazing Hudsonian Godwits...

Purgatory Creek Wetland is in Eden Prairie off from Prairie Center Drive behind the Purgatory Creek Recreation Area where there is parking available.  This is west of US Hwy 212, and south of MN Hwy 5.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty.
connybrunell@earthlink.net
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>This morning from 10:30-11:00 am I was awestruck by the spectacular sight of 27 Hudsonian Godwits out on the west side of the Purgatory Creek Wetland in Eden Prairie, Hennepin County.&nbsp; I was scanning the island mudflats, and saw 2 Black-bellied Plovers.&nbsp; Further west I came upon the Hudsonian's all milling around in the water probing and preening with those long bills&nbsp;very tightly together.&nbsp; Now that was a jolt to the sences, and I spent the next 30 minutes observing them to see that they all had black underwing coverts and axillaries, and the tail was black and white.&nbsp; There were many other shorebirds in the area but I could not take my eyes off all those amazing Hudsonian Godwits...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Purgatory Creek Wetland is in Eden Prairie off from Prairie Center Drive behind the Purgatory Creek Recreation Area where there is parking available.&nbsp; This is west of US Hwy 212, and south of MN Hwy 5.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Conny Brunell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Richfield, Hennepin Cty.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2><A href="mailto:connybrunell@earthlink.net">connybrunell@earthlink.net</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--