[mou] Re: [mnbird] Migration window?

Gary & Barb Kuyava nuthatch@uslink.net
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:04:03 -0600

In the Duluth area it would probable be one of the Gulls.  More than likely
the Herring Gull.

Gary Kuyava
----- Original Message -----
From: Pastor Al Schirmacher <PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net>
To: <mou-net@cbs.umn.edu>; <mnbird@lists.mnbird.net>;
<wisbirdn@lawrence.edu>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 1:22 PM
Subject: [mnbird] Migration window?

Which species that frequents WI and/or MN has the longest migration window?

By window I mean the differential between the earliest arriving migrants and
the latest to leave - by migration I mean leaving WI and/or MN completely at
some point - and obviously the window does not include nesting activity.

My guess is that it would be a shorebird of some kind - since there are
June/July "fall" arrivals, and some hangers-on linger until November,
but....

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties