[mou] Kittiwake update

James Mattsson mattjim@earthlink.net
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:50:50 -0600

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

Larophiles,

The imm. Black-legged Kittiwake I found at 1:00pm today was still present at days end. It alternated between feeding for a few minutes at the outlet near the west end of Black Dog Lake and resting on the lake ice just south of the outlet with a couple of hundred gulls, mostly Herring (a few Ring-billeds and Thayer's). Probably a good chance the bird will hang around until at least tomorrow. Several birders were able to see the bird.

I  also studied an extremely late Eared Grebe west of the power plant among the mergansers and goldeneyes. As far as I know there is only one other December record (21st).

Jim
Eagan
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2769" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>Larophiles,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The imm. Black-legged Kittiwake I found at 1:00pm today was still present at days end. It alternated between feeding for a few minutes at the outlet near the west end of Black Dog Lake and resting on the lake ice just south of the outlet with a couple of hundred gulls, mostly Herring (a few Ring-billeds and Thayer's). Probably a good chance the bird will hang around until at least tomorrow. Several birders were able to see the bird. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I&nbsp; also studied an extremely late Eared Grebe west of the power plant among the mergansers and goldeneyes. As far as I know there is only one other December record (21st). </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim</DIV>
<DIV>Eagan</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>