[mou] Pine County birding on Tuesday

Val/Roger writers2@comcast.net
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:47:13 -0600

Hello, Bird People:
No one can top Andy Jones' weekend owls and other birds trip, but we had a
pretty good day in Pine County today (Feb. 1). Great gray owls were very
cooperative for Laura Erickson, Holly Peirson and me:
1 on CR 48 just before Cloverdale
8 on CR 21 heading north from Cloverdale
5 on CR 30 heading east at the CR 21 intersection
2 on CR 22 heading north from CR 30 intersection
6 on CR 32 heading west to Askov from intersection with 22
1 on I-35 just outside Hinckley

Also saw three bald eagles, a batch of ravens, possible ruffed grouse,
turkeys and the usual other birds.

Stopped for a great lunch at the Partridge Cafe in Askov (if you don't want
gravy on your grilled ham and cheese, you're going to have to say so). Total
expenditures:
$27 on lunch
$32 on gas
$12 on snacks
for a total of $72 spent on a birding outing.

Regards,
Val Cunningham
St. Paul, Minn.