[mou] Last weekend in Aitkin County

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:26:03 -0600

Saturday from our Bee Nay She Coucil birding field trip: 131 Great Gray
Owls (82 during the trip), 6 Northern Hawk Owls, 2 Barred Owls, 4
Sharp-tailed Grouse, 3 Pine Grosbeaks, 3 Gray Jays, 20 Bohemian
Waxwings, redpolls, Pine Siskins.
Sunday:  I birded in different areas than on Saturday and found another
111 Great Gray Owls (86 in Aitkin County and 25 in Crow Wing County) and
5 Northern Hawk Owls (4 in Aitkin County and 1 in Crow Wing County).
If you add these to the ones that Cindy Butler Risen had over her
direction, we are over 300 different Great Gray Owls in the last couple
of days.
Warren Nelson