[mou] RE: Lack of Evening Grosbeaks

Cindy Butler Risen cbutler@lcp2.net
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 06:54:40 -0600

Hi
Here in eastern Aitkin County my feeders have been regularly visited by
Evening Grosbeaks for most of the winter. They seem to be a few birds up to
a flock of about 30 or so, although my dad had a much larger flock one day
last week, but they do wander around the area. Some days they are at my
feeder, others days at the neighbors or not seen at all. By neighbors I
mean feeders within two to three miles of my house. The Savanna Portage
State Park hosts them at their feeder on a fairly regular basis too. They
tend to visit mostly in the mornings and don't usually stay for more than a
few hours, sometimes much less than that. Like Terry, I too would be
interested to know if anyone else is seeing them around the state. I have
had a number of birders drive all the way out to my house just to look for
them, so I guess they must be pretty hard to find elsewhere. Thanks for the
input.
Cindy Butler Risen
Tamarack, eastern Aitkin Co. MN