[mou] Aitkin County

Chris Fagyal cfagyal@avianphotos.org
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:26:55 -0600

Went up to Aitkin County this afternoon, and ended up with 40 Great Grey
Owls, 2 Northern Hawk Owls and 1 Barred Owl (Barred Owl was a few miles
north of 210 on Cty 5 near the Logging Camp.  Most of the Great Greys
seen south and west of Palisade.  Zero seen on Cty 18.

Request:  Whomever picked up the injured Great Grey on 210 a few tenths
of a mile east of 169, please email me and let me know how it is doing.
I called the Mou Hotline around 2:20pm with information regarding that
Owl, and when I drove past at 5:15pm it looked as if someone had walked
through the snow to pick it up.  I'm hoping my information got relayed
to the appropriate person and the Owl will be able to be rehabbed.  It
appeared to be in reasonable shape except for one wing that I could see
was injured.

Cheers,
Chris