[mou] OHV's

Stensing, Jerry - Bemidji, MN Jerry.Stensing@mn.nacdnet.net
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:50:31 -0600

Just a thought about the issue.

Seems we are putting the cart before the horse.  OHVs are being treated
as a social issue with resources implications.
Fact is OHV's are a resource issue with social implications.  Money and
fun are temporary.  The resources are permanent.
The priority needs to be shifted from temporary to permanent.

We seem to forget that one OHV one time is generally not a problem, one
OHV ten times is becoming a problem, ten OHV's ten times is a disaster
with long-term environmental consequences.

Is not our charge to protect the resources?

Jer

Jerry Stensing
Stewardship Forester
Beltrami SWCD