[mou] Fwd: 4th Annual Gull Frolic (no sightings)

Jim Williams two-jays@att.net
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:25:50 -0600

Here's an event to change the pace of our winter.
Forward by Jim Williams
Wayzata

Please mark your calendars:  Gull Frolic, NE IL at Winthrop Harbor Yacht
Club, Date: Saturday, 19 February 2005

There will be donuts and coffee in the morning and pizza and the now
famous
"Sea Gull Stew" in the afternoon.

There is a small entrance donation fee of $10 or more per person to
defray
the expenses of the event and help pay for food.

The Gull Frolic is also supported by many local area clubs, so far,
including: DuPage Birding Club, Evanston North Shore Bird Club,
Lake-Cook
Chapter of the IAS, Illinois Ornithological Society, Kane Co. Audubon,
Will
County Audubon, Wild Bird Center of Fox River Grove, and the Chicago
Ornithological Society.

This year's Gull Frolic will be around the same time--same
station--Winthrop
Harbor Yacht Club, near Skipper Bud's off 7th street
in Winthrop at the Harbor mouth.

The main speaker will be John Vanderpoel who will speak on the filming
of
the Large and Small Gull videos that are narrated by Jon Dunn. These
videos
should be out on DVDs by the time of our Gull Frolic.

Off course we'll be chumming for alot of gulls both before and during
the
gull event.

If you're planning on attending, email Dave Johnson
djohnsoda@comcast.net

PLEASE, PLEASE EXCERSIZE CAUTION WHEN DRIVING DOWN 7TH STREET INTO THE
MARINA PAST THE RR TRACKS--THERE'S A SPEED TRAP!!

PLEASE OBSERVE ALL POSTED SPEED LIMITS ON THIS ROAD SO YOU DO NOT GET A
SPEEDING TICKET ON YOUR WAY TO THE GULL FROLIC!!!