[mou] Owls in Aitkin Co.

Bonnie J Mulligan motmot5@juno.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:59:25 -0600

Last Friday Charlie Greenman, Peter Neubeck and I did one of our owl
survey routes in Aitkin Co. It is a dyslexic C shape, from 169 west on
CR4, north on 5 to 210, then east  on 210 to 8 in the town of McGregor.
The route from the two previous months produced no northern owls.
However, this time we counted a total of 60 Great Greys. The largest
concentration has already been reported in a field 4 miles west on CR4.
There were several in the town of McGregor, one by a closed for the
season ice cream parlor.  For a change of owls, go south on 5 to the
large power line poles. Peaking out of a nest  platform on one of the
crossbars we observed a Northern Hawk Owl.  Bonnie Mulligan