[mou] Lansing, IA-LaCrosse,WI Automobile Caravan March 19: The Lansing Loop

fred lesher corax6330@yahoo.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:52:22 -0800 (PST)

The popular 80 mile Lansing Loop will begin at the Hwy
35 entrance to Goose Island County Park south of
LaCrosse. Meet at 7AM, March 19.

Travel south to the Hwy. 82 bridge to Lansing with an
adventure into the hills across Lawrence Ridge near
DeSoto, WI down Mule Hollow Rd. to Rush Creek. Lunch
in Lansing. North in Iowa along the Mississippi R.
into New Albin, IA & Pool Slough. Continue north on
Hwy 26 into Minnesota and stops along the vast Pool 8
above Reno, MN. End at LaCrescent, MN & return to
LaCrosse over the new east bound bridge into downtown
LaCrosse.

Waterfowl including Tundra Swans and raptors such as
Bald Eagles are the featured birds. Nesting Great
Horned Owls and nesting Bald Eagles may be found.
Eastern Bluebirds and Tufted Titmouse are passerine
tidbits. Wild Turkeys possible. At least a dozen
species of waterfowl are likely, and in large numbers.

Bring a cell phone and we will get on the same
frequency to keep this driving birding group together.

Friday night lodging as follows:

South LaCrosse 15 minutes to Goose I.:
Bluff View, Hwy 35, Mormon Coulee Rd., LaCrosse phone
608-788-0600
Welch Motel, ditto above, phone 608-788-1300

Closer to I90 north into LaCrosse 30 minutes to Goose
I.:
Baymont Inn 608-783-7191
Best Western 608-781-7000
Brookstone Inn 608-781-1400