[mou] (no subject)

Thomas_F_Gilde@bluecrossmn.com Thomas_F_Gilde@bluecrossmn.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:08:50 -0600

Many thanks to Mark Alt for his map of Pine Country owl locations that he
kindly posted at the Duluth Audubon web site.  Even more for the
inspiration than navigational aid, my wife and I drove up from St. Paul and
looked around his route for four hours this Sunday, the 20th.  We were
rewarded with our first ever great gray sighting, as well as our 21st, at
dusk.  The last owl of the day was the proverbial frosting, a hawk owl.
Most of the GGOs were seen driving toward Kerrick on State 23, and on the
drive west on County 46 to Military Road to County Line and back to 23. The
hawk owl was seen just east (about 2 miles) of Kerrick on County 46 as the
light was fading.  Although we maintained appropriate distances from the
owls we were rewarded with a pretty spectacular event with #7, who swooped
down not far from our car and hit a red squirrel, which it gulped down with
two swallows -nice work!

Thomas F. Gilde
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
P.O. Box 64560
St. Paul, MN  55105

651.662.2257
651.662.1099 (fax)

The information contained in this communication may be confidential,
and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly
please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original
message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have
any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

Unencrypted, unauthenticated Internet e-mail is inherently insecure.
Internet messages may be corrupted or incomplete, or may incorrectly
identify the sender.