[mou] What to do with a dead owl

Chris Fagyal Chris.Fagyal@udlp.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:52:53 -0600

--=_123141AE.43225581

Someone should also arrest him, because he broke the law.  I hope you got =
his name and remember what county he was in.  It is illegal to shoot any =
bird covered under the migratory bird law.  That is a federal offense, and =
he should be prosecuted.
=20
=20
Chris Fagyal
Senior Software Engineer
United Defense, L.P. ASD
Fridley, MN=20
(763) 572-5320
chris.fagyal@udlp.com

>>> Val/Roger <writers2@comcast.net> 02/23/2005 07:46:39 AM >>>
Hello, Dave:
I can't help with the answers to your questions about the legalities =
relating to the transport of a protected species, etc.
I think the entire listserv would appreciate hearing what you learn on =
this topic.

But I'm very concerned about the sheriff (deputy?) who shot the apparently =
injured owl on the side of the road: this would be a real opportunity for =
the MOU to provide vital education that could save raptors' lives. I'm not =
clear about what county this occurred in, but can someone from the MOU or =
the Raptor Center contact the sheriff and provide some insight about this =
rare species and how an injured owl should be helped, not shot?? MOU =
members already have indicated their willingness to travel to retrieve =
injured owls and would do so in this county, too, I am sure--I'd sign up, =
as well.=20

Thanks, Dave,
Val Cunningham
St. Paul, Minn.=20