[mou] Duluth--Albino/Dilute Plumage Barred Owl

Debbie Waters dlpwaters@charter.net
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:04:54 -0600

I was called about a Snowy Owl in the Hunter's Park neighborhood in Duluth
this afternoon at about 4pm.  When I arrived, I immediately noted the dark
eyes and yellow bill of the bird, which turned out to be an albino/dilute
plumage Barred Owl.  The owl was trapped & banded by a local bander, and the
bird was in the yard of a local photographer, so plenty of high quality
photos were taken.

What an exciting evening!

Debbie Waters