[mou] Sax Zim birding

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 17:17:22 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C4F025.C16F2780

While my first day with the Missouri group was rain and ice we decided =
to head back up there today. We saw the following birds.

-20 Great Grey Owls along Co. Rd 52 from Hwy. 53 to the Stickney Road.

-Rough Grouse on Co. rd 52 about a mile west of Hwy 53.

-10 Northern Hawk Owls spread out various places in Sax Zim. Most =
numerous along Co. Rd 7.

-Boreal Chickadees along Co. Rd 52 2 miles west of the Stickney Rd. =
Heard another along the Admiral Road.

-Bohemian Waxwings along Co. Rd 229 a mile north of Co. Rd 133 feeding =
on hackberries.

-Snow Buntings along Co. Rd 7 from the Sax Rd to the Zim Rd.  Saw =
several flocks and one flock around a 100 birds.

* Stopped at the Meadowlands COOP and the Missouri group bought hooded =
sweatshirts, leather mittens and snacks. The people there are so =
delighted with the boming business. They know me by now and are very =
happy that I bring my business to them. I think so far my groups bought =
several "Meadowlands" pull over hoods and leather mittens from them.  =
One of the workers told me they saw a small owl in their back yard. It =
may of been a boreal owl.  We did not stop at any feeders and when we =
were out of the cars a few of the residents will pass us and look at us. =
Most of the Missouri people waved and smiled at them and we usually got =
a positive response from them.

I told them about the relationship between the residents and birders =
this year and a woman had a great idea.  They think the MOU should bring =
there booth stuff to one of their community events and answer questions. =
Beats knocking on doors.  I have no idea what sort of community stuff =
they offer but its a neat idea.

I got a suet feeder and suet fro ma Christmas game we play here at home =
and plan on bringing it to Sax Zim and nail it on a tree along McDavitt =
that has Boreal Chickadees.   I will give location of the feeder then if =
your up there you can refill it if it needs more of them square suet =
cakes.  There is a risk that some squirrel or Pine Martin may rip it =
down and devour it all but hey it worth a try.  Its county land too.

Mike Hendrickson

Michael Hendrickson

Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C4F025.C16F2780

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>While my first day with the =
Missouri=20
group was rain and ice we decided to head back up there today. We saw =
the=20
following birds.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>-20 Great Grey Owls along Co. =
Rd 52 from=20
Hwy. 53 to&nbsp;the Stickney Road.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>-Rough Grouse on Co. rd 52 =
about a mile=20
west of Hwy 53.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>-10 Northern Hawk Owls spread =

out&nbsp;various places in Sax Zim.&nbsp;Most numerous along Co. Rd=20
7.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>-Boreal Chickadees along Co. =
Rd 52&nbsp;2=20
miles west of the Stickney Rd. Heard another along the Admiral=20
Road.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>-Bohemian Waxwings along Co. =
Rd 229 a=20
mile north of Co. Rd 133</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" =
size=3D4>feeding=20
on hackberries.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>-Snow Buntings along Co. Rd 7 =
from the=20
Sax Rd to the Zim Rd.&nbsp; Saw several flocks and one flock around a =
100=20
birds.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>* Stopped at the Meadowlands =
COOP and the=20
Missouri group bought hooded sweatshirts, leather mittens and snacks. =
The people=20
there are so delighted with the boming business. They know me by now and =
are=20
very happy that I bring my business to them. I think so far my groups =
bought=20
several "Meadowlands" pull over hoods and leather mittens from =
them.&nbsp; One=20
of the workers told me they saw a small owl in their back yard. It may =
of been a=20
boreal owl.&nbsp; We did not stop at any feeders and when we were out of =
the=20
cars a few of the residents will pass us and look at us. Most of the =
Missouri=20
people waved and smiled at them and we usually got a positive response =
from=20
them.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>I told them about the =
relationship=20
between the residents and birders this year and a woman had a great =
idea.&nbsp;=20
They think the MOU should bring there booth stuff to one of their =
community=20
events and answer questions. Beats knocking on doors.&nbsp; I have no =
idea what=20
sort of community stuff they offer but its a neat idea.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>I got a suet feeder and suet =
fro ma=20
Christmas game we play here at home and plan on bringing it to Sax Zim =
and nail=20
it on a tree along McDavitt that has Boreal Chickadees.&nbsp;&nbsp; I =
will give=20
location of the feeder then if your up there you can refill it if it =
needs more=20
of them square suet cakes.&nbsp; There is a risk that some squirrel or =
Pine=20
Martin may rip it down and devour it all but hey it worth a try.&nbsp; =
Its=20
county land too.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Michael =
Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A =

href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C4F025.C16F2780--