[mou] Peregrine Falcons, LaCrosse & USBANK

fred lesher corax6330@yahoo.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:08:03 -0800 (PST)

An adult Peregrine was perched on the "U" of the
"USBANK" sign, NW side in downtown LaCrosse at 11:30
AM Sunday, Jan. 9

The flat top surfaces of the letters tight against the
building are obviously preferred perches & "butcher
blocks" by the birds. I have seen the birds feeding
atop the letters, which have birds' wings sticking out
from them. I note that a PEFA was seen in Duluth at
the USBANK building there. Were they perched atop a
USBANK sign?

Is there anything in the literature about where PEFAs
prefer to do their banking?!

Fred Lesher, LaCrosse