[mou] Carlton County owls

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:58:29 -0600

We would like to reiterate the comments made by others about the owls in
Pine and Carlton Counties.  Yesterday we had nearly 30 Great Grays in
Carlton County, most in a area bordered by County Road 1 and Hwy 23.  County
Road 1 in the Wrenshall area had more than 2-3 per mile.

We had birded these same areas a month ago and struggled to find owls so
there is no doubt that there is a southward movement.  How far they go south
will be determined by the food sources available.

Specific locations are not needed to find birds but will be e-mailed to the
compiler.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com