[mou] Back of a Northern Hawk Owl's head

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt@bestbuy.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:17:52 -0600

  This guy needs photos of the back of a Northern Hawk Owl's head.
Please respond to him directly.

  eldeem@webtv.net (Lloyd D. Moore)

  =20

  Mark Alt=20

   (W) 612-291-6717=20

  (Cell) 612-803-9085

  =20

  =20

 =20

  -------------- Forwarded Message: --------------=20

  From: eldeem@webtv.net (Lloyd D. Moore)=20

  To: markfalcon@comcast.net=20

  Subject: Northern Hawk Owl Photos=20

  Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:22:08 +0000=20

  =20

  HI...I am a woodcarver with a serious problem which perhaps you can
help=20

  me to solve. I have completed life sized carvings of 18 of the 19=20

  species of owls of the U.S. I can not finish the last one, the
Northern=20

  Hawk Owl because I can not find a photo of the backside of ones head.
I=20

  have 3 shots which are either too distant, or too lacking in detail to

  be of much help.=20

  =20

  I have contacted several of the better known Canadian photographers
and=20

  all of them have pointed out that to their knowledge, photos of the=20

  backside of an owls head are not very much in demand!=20

  =20

  If you, or any members of your organizations have any thoughts
regarding=20

  my dilemma, I would be pleased to hear them. I have already contacted=20

  most of the bird magazines, libraries, and places like Cornell=20

  University to no avail. I am a lifetime birder, and seen all but one
of=20

  the 19 owls, the Northern Hawk Owl! The internet is of little more=20

  help, great for everything excepting what I need, and I am disinclined

  to "fake it". Lots of folks have seen the backside of the head, but
none=20

  have intentionally printed a photo of it.=20

  =20

  Thank you for your consideration.=20

  =20

  Lloyd Moore=20