[mou] Duluth/Two Harbors Questions

Pastor Al PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:14:34 -0600

My son (12) and I are planning a Duluth/Two Harbors (and, perhaps, Sax-Zim)
trip either Saturday or Monday.  There are a few birds we would like to
"chase" (not literally), any recommendations would be great:

* Boreal Owl (Where in Two Harbors is best?  Is the Knife River bird
consistent?  Life bird for both of us.)
* Boreal Chickadee (know the Owl Road location)
* Both Crossbills
* Pine & Evening Grosbeaks (do know two feeder areas in Sax-Zim, but are
they still "open"?)
* Harlequin Duck (are they consistently in Agate Bay?)
* Winter gulls (Glaucous, Iceland, Thayers - especially with the recent
closure)
* Gyrfalcon

We would be happy to travel an additional hour or so from Duluth as well.

Thanks!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties