[mou] Alpha Codes website

Val/Roger writers2@comcast.net
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:57:36 -0600

--MS_Mac_OE_3189149856_945108_MIME_Part

I agree with Mark one thousand percent! Those abbreviations serve the
purpose for bird banders, but many of the rest of us have to stop and fill
in the words each time we see something like GGOW, or whatever. Let's use
birds' names, all of us know birds by their names. And it can't be too
time-consuming to write them out: use the full name in the first reference,
then some generic (such as 'the owl') from there on out.

It's a matter of better communication,
Regards,
Val Cunningham
St. Paul, Minn.