[mou] Pennington Co. Great Gray Owl

Shelley Steva crossbill7200@yahoo.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:42:10 -0800 (PST)

  All winter I have been envious of all the great gray
owl reports-  but no longer!  Tonight at 4:48 PM, just
one mile north of the intersection of Pennington Co. 3
and US Highway 59 in a wildlife area  seven miles
south of downtown Thief River Falls, there was a great
gray owl. He was flying through the wildlife area. My
first thought was- eagle- for great grays are large
birds. But oh no- it was a large and beautiful great
gray. I believe that this is my first great gray-
ever- in Pennington Co!
  Oh- I also saw 20 snow buntings one mile north of
that.

   That was one beautiful bird!

Shelley Steva Thief River Falls