[mou] Hawk Owls moving south

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:12:11 -0600

Had two hawk owls late this afternoon further south than I have heard of so
far this year.  The two birds were only about 4 1/2 miles apart in a direct
line.  I do not believe that they are the same bird as I found them only 10
minutes apart and I had driven almost directly between the two spots and the
wind (fairly strong late this PM) was blowing against the first bird moving
to the second spot.

Kanabec County-northeast corner of intersection of County Roads 3 and 20

Pine County- 1.3 miles west of County Road 13 on Pokegama Creek Road (this
is close to the Kanabec line north of Corner Brook on State Hwy 23)

Also spent most of the day in Mille Lacs and Kanabec Counties without
finding any Great Gray Owls.

Dennis Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com