[mou] Owls, etc

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:03:03 -0600

The hawk owls I posted about on Tuesday were still present in Kanebec and
southern Pine Counties.  Also found a Great Gray Owl in northern Chisago
County.  The bird was 1/10 of a mile south of the intersection of 420th and
Keystone Avenue about 5:00 PM today.  Keystone is also called Cty Rd 67 and
goes north from State Highway 95 about 4 miles east of North Branch.  I had
spent a couple of hours in northern Chisago so these birds are not common
this far south.  Stumbled across a Boreal Owl out in the open hunting in
Kroschel Township of Kanabec county.  No point in stating the exact location
as the bird was not near any conifers and moved on as it was actively
looking for mice.  If you want to look for it the whole township has
possibilities.  Later on there were two wolves in the same area as the owl.

Dennis Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com