[mou] Mille Lacs County Hawk Owl

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:54:25 -0600

Went to look for northern owls today in Mille Lacs, Kanabec, and Pine
Counties.

Pine County:
It held its usual owls everywhere, but we did have 2 Hawk Owls on CR 28, one
1/2 mile east of the Kanabec/Pine line, and one just east of where CR 17
goes south.

Kanabec:
I think the owls are moving in here, we had several, and we weren't here in
the afternoon when they are most active.
3 Hawk Owls:
1 previously reported by Denny Martin still present.
1 in the far NE corner by the intersection of CR 20 & 30
1 on 270 Ave about 1/2 mile east of CR 5
Great Grays were in a lot of places, best looked for around Kroschel
Township

Mille Lacs:
Best bird of the day was a Hawk Owl between Isle and Wahkon on Hwy. 27. It
was in the SE corner of the intersection with 40th Ave, near a cemetery.

Also had 50 Bohemian Waxwings in Morrison County on Hwy. 27 near Lastrup.

Ben Fritchman
Fargo, ND