[mou] trip to sax zim and duluth airport

Steve and Sherry Watson watsup@boreal.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:34:11 -0800

Hello All,
     My dad and I took a trip yesterday morning to Sax Zim in hopes of
picking up a couple good birds to start off my year.  We saw several
great grays but I do not remember the county.  We also had four hawk
owls.  Two of the hawk owls were along 52, one was about three miles
north of Cotton and the other was right at the intersection of 133.  The
other two were in Sax Zim, one along McDavitts road and I forget where
the other was.  We had a female black-backed woodpecker found by Sparky
Stensaas but failed to locate the three-toed.  One sharp-tailed grouse
in a bush along 7 less than a mile north of Arkola Rd right were 7
curves on the left.  We had the nice male Snowy Owl at the airport on
top of one of the several large snow piles across from the FedEx
building.  Very nice bird, I had no troubles with anyone taking photos.
Good birding,

Josh Watson
Grand Marais