[mou] Trumpeter Swan, Scott County

rdunlap@gac.edu rdunlap@gac.edu
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:05:26 -0600

Around noon today there was an adult Trumpeter Swan at the Mill Pond behind
Dangerfield's restaurant in Shakopee, Scott County.  The bird appeared to have
some sort of orange tag on its left wing. This is the first time I have checked
this area this year, so I don't know whether others have seen this bird. Other
than the swan, there were hundreds of Canada Geese present (but no apparent
Cackling), a good number of Mallards, and a few Gadwalls. There was also an
interesting domestic duck that was a uniform glossy black color.

-Bob Dunlap, back in Carver County until Feb. 6