[mou] Please join the MOU

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt@bestbuy.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:54:39 -0600

Whether you are from Minnesota or checking in from out of state, we =
invite you to join over 1,000 eager and dedicated birders who belong=20
to the MOU.

In coming months, we will be publishing data, observations, and=20
research from the very unusual owl irruption year we are witnessing as=20
you read this. Members will be the first to see these publications.=20
Donations are welcome, too, and you may earmark your contribution=20
specifically for owl conservation and research if you desire (or give =
without restrictions)=20
One thing MOU members are doing this winter is construction and =
placement of Boreal Owl nesting boxes in the Superior National Forest. =
We hope to stem the disturbing slide of nesting Boreals in Minnesota. We =
think that loss of appropriate nesting trees is a reason.

=A0As a member of the MOU, you will receive our bimonthly newsletter=20
(Minnesota Birding) and our quarterly journal, (The Loon). You will be=20
invited to join MOU field trips to the state's best birding areas at=20
the best times of the year led by our best birders. Do you know that=20
Northern MN has the highest count of breeding species of any area in=20
the US? Come and find out for yourself in May and June. The bugs really=20
aren't that bad, and you can help us find all the Great Gray Owls,=20
Northern Hawk Owls, and Boreal Owls that might well stay here to breed=20
in the coming season.=A0

Please join us. Current membership dues are:

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0$25 Individual

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0$35 Family

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0$75 Supporting

=A0

Please include your name, address, and a check for payment addressed to=20
"MOU".  Mail this to the attention of: "Membership Secretary" at:=A0

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0MOU

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0J. F. Bell Museum of Natural History

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0University of Minnesota

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A010 Church Street SE

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Minneapolis, MN 55455-0104=A0

Thank you for coming to Minnesota to enjoy what has been for us, too,=20
an extraordinary winter for birds.=A0Please come back. We all look=20
forward to meeting you at one of our outings or field trips. Good=20
Birding.

Mark Alt
President, MOU

=A0