[mou] FW: Great Gray Owls in Chisago County

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt@bestbuy.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:05:34 -0600

FYI. Just because I didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there. It
appears the Owls are now moving into Chisago County, not yet in huge
numbers, but who knows? It at least appears the southward movement is
continuing for the leading edge of the irruption. Are there fewer Owls
being seen up north still?  Pine County still has a density where you
can see more than 30 in a single day rather easily.

Mark Alt=20
Brooklyn Center, MN=20
mark.alt@bestbuy.com=20
"I recalled that I had read somewhere that in the Middle Ages Hell was
envisioned as a place without birds." Jim Harrison=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Melissa Hein [mailto:melissa.hein@emid6067.net]=20
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 3:54 PM
To: Mark.Alt@bestbuy.com
Subject: Great Gray Owls in Chisago County

I've been following the dialog on the Great Grays in Chisago and Pine
counties, and have some information to add. Last evening (Sun., Jan. 30)
I saw 3 Great Grays hunting in the area north of 420th and CR 67 between
4:45 and 5:20 pm. They were all visible at the same time, and all 3 were
observed hunting.  A fourth Great Gray was perched on a road sign just
east of the intersection of Hwy 95 and CR 67 at about 5:30 pm as I was
on my way out of the area.

Melissa Hein
North Branch, MN
ma_hein@msn.com

This message and its attachments are intended for the addressees listed.
If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it and notify the
sender of the error. All information in this message is considered
confidential and any unauthorized use, copying or dissemination is
prohibited. Thank you.