[mou] Inver Grove Heights/Eagan Great Gray Owl

Roger Everhart everhart@black-hole.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:10:45 -0600

Hey everyone-

    I just got back from looking at a Great Gray Owl along Highway 3 on the
border of Inver Grove Heights and Eagan. A former student of mine stopped by
to let me know the owl was at this spot. It is sitting in a dead tree on the
east edge of a pond across from the intersection of Highway 3 and Alaureate
Tr. This is appox. .9 miles north of Diffley Road and .3 miles north of the
intersection of Highway 3 and Highway 149. There are two ponds at this spot,
the owl is sitting by the pond on the west side of the road. It is actually
below the level of the road but can be seen as you drive past. The owl is
very calm but might have an injured eye. The left eye looks normal but the
right eye is closed and appears to be damaged.

    CAUTION: There is no good place to stop at this location in order to
look at the owl. If you go to check it out please be careful. Good Luck!

Roger Everhart
North Central Bird Observatory
Apple Valley
Dakota County