[mou] Digiscoping set up

Laura Erickson bluejay@lauraerickson.com
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:59:46 -0500

Now that I have a job with a company that sells optics, I'm reluctant to
post about subjects related to optics, but a lot of people have been asking
me exactly how my digiscoping set up works.  I'm particularly proud of a
little homemade adaptor that I've made that works really well for holding a
"point-and-shoot" digital camera against a spotting scope, which I made
from the measuring cup that comes with liquid Nyquil (a company with which
I have absolutely no financial ties--I just happened to go through a lot
this winter when I had pneumonia) and an outer tube that could easily be
duplicated for other spotting scopes using a toilet paper tube or even just
duct tape.  I put a page about my "point-and-shoot digiscoping" here:

<http://www.birderblog.com/bird/Digiscoping/PointAndShootDigi.html>

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

www.birderblog.com

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of
birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                 --Rachel Carson