[mou] Itasca County Peregrine

shawn conrad dingermcduff@hotmail.com
Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:49:11 -0500

This morning I saw a Peregrine Falcon perched on top of the television tower
at the top of the hill in Bovey that has the "BOVEY" lettering on it.  This
tower is directly across the street from my house (hopefully it will eat
some of my pigeons) and the Peregrine was present at that perch for several
weeks last year.  I think it is nesting in the mine dumps, in fact I had
what I suspect was a Peregrine fly over me from one of the "cliffs" in a
nearby dump when I was hiking last weekend.

If you try to see this bird, be aware that I have occasionally seen gulls
and the odd Osprey perched at the top of the tower as well.  One clue that
you are seeing the Peregrine is it is quite orange from dusting itself in
the mine dumps--very unique looking.

Shawn Conrad
Bovey