[mou] RE: [ia-bird] Brown Pelican and Black-headed gull not found

Ed Thelen pfalcons@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:25:06 -0500

Hello,
Today after lunch I drove up to the grade and the Black-headed gull was on
the rocks at the footbridge. Also the brown pelican was on the island at
Little Spirit Lake in Jackson county, Minn. Yesterday with the strong NW
winds the brown pelican was seen at the footbridge in Iowa much of the day.
Good Birdin'
Ed Thelen
Spirit Lake,Iowa

From: "Ed Thelen" <pfalcons@hotmail.com>
To: "IA-BIRD" <ia-bird@lists.iowabirds.org>
Subject: [ia-bird] Brown Pelican and Black-headed gull not found
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:38:27 -0500

Hello,
Today after lunch I drove up to Little Spirit Lake to check on the brown
Pelican but was unable to locate it. It was very windy out of the WNW and
there were no birds on the island.
If I have time this evening I'll check again.
I would think it should still be in the area. There was a minor fish kill
this weekend on Little Spirit and he should have easy pickings.
Also I did not find the black-headed gull at the north end of Big Spirit
Lake. There were many ring-bills and some franklins plus one white pelican
at the footbridge.
Good Birdin'
Ed Thelen
Spirit Lake, Iowa

---
This mailing list is sponsored by the Iowa Ornithologists' Union.
Membership available on-line at http://www.iowabirds.org/iou/membership.asp.
You are currently subscribed to ia-bird as: pfalcons@HOTMAIL.COM