[mou] Bonaparte's Gulls - Lake Bemidji

Pat DeWenter hoocooks4you@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:32:37 -0700 (PDT)

--0-355602294-1122517957=:26943

I am sorry I sent off the previous post without puttin my name on it.

I also had 5 Pileated Woodpeckers in my yard today.  I know 3 are juveniles and I assume the other 2 are the parents, although I have only seen one adult feeding the juveniles at one time.  It is really a fun sight to observe though, and they aren't shy in the least!  I can sit on the deck 30 feet from the feeders and they still will come in to eat  feed.  It is fun watching the adults putting suet down the beaks of the juvenile birds - a surprise they don't  perforate the gullets of the young ones!!!

Pat DeWenter
Bemidji/ Beltrami Co.

--0-355602294-1122517957=:26943

<P>I am sorry I sent off the previous post without puttin my name on it.</P>
<P>I also had 5 Pileated Woodpeckers in my yard today.&nbsp; I know 3 are juveniles and I assume the other 2 are the parents, although I have only seen one adult feeding the juveniles at one time.&nbsp; It is really a fun sight to observe though, and they aren't shy in the least!&nbsp; I can sit on the deck 30 feet from the feeders and they still will come in to eat&nbsp; feed.&nbsp; It is fun watching the adults putting suet down the beaks of the juvenile birds - a surprise they don't&nbsp; perforate the gullets of the young ones!!!</P>
<P>Pat DeWenter<BR>Bemidji/ Beltrami Co.</P>
--0-355602294-1122517957=:26943--